Ferris State University student Andrew Kalinowski was elected to serve a second term as Student Government president during the 2014-15 school year.
Kalinowski, a junior majoring in Professional Golf Management and Accounting, joined Student Government in Spring 2011. During his time in Student Government, he has served as a College of Business senator, diversity chair, administrative assistant for Finance Division, Finance Division member and vice president. Kalinowski also served as president during the 2014-15 academic year’s spring semester.
“I decided to run for a second term because the senators, representatives and organizations asked me to continue our work to better Ferris State University,” Kalinowski said.
He noted that the 2013-14 academic year demonstrated improvements within Student Government, including: increasing representation by 150 percent, having representation in more than 20 external entities such as academic senate and the Big Rapids Downtown Business Association, as well as collaborating/cosponsoring activities with 11 different organizations.
During the 2014-15 academic year, the Stevensville, Mich. native’s goals include inclusivity, opportunity and unity.
“Our goal is to increase collaboration and to offer events such as the State of the University for people to give their input,” Kalinowski said. “We want to have every part of the student body represented in Student Government.”
Kalinowski hopes to accomplish these goals with the help of his executive board, a team that includes:
- Yer Xiong, Executive vice president, Grayling, Business Administration
- Brandon Laninga, parliamentarian, Grand Rapids, Psychology
- Danielle Murphy, administrative assistant, Lansing, Hospitality Management
- Carman Plank, director of finance, Romulus, Public Relations
- Evan Pazkowski, director of public relations, Saline, Marketing
- Wayne Bersano, director of internal assessment, Pinconning, Hospitality Management
- Dylan Carpenter, treasurer, Reed City, Business Administration
- Haley Lomba, director of technology, Saginaw, Marketing
In addition to Student Government, Kalinowski is a member of the Professional Golf Management Student Association.