Jennifer Hager, a junior majoring in Resort Management with a concentration in special event planning, will serve as the 2013-14 president of Entertainment Unlimited, Ferris State University’s campus programming board.
Hager, a Stevensville native, will be overseeing 13 executive board members and about 30 general members who plan and execute a variety of entertainment events, from performances by comedians, hypnotists and musicians to Ferris Fest, an annual outdoor concert headlined by national acts.
“Jennifer has a vision for Entertainment Unlimited, and she has served on the executive board the past year with dedication,” said outgoing EU president Melissa Hanson. “It is obvious she has a passion for EU, which is an important quality for our organization.”
Hager is “excited and ready to face a new, but fun, challenge,” she said. “I know it will require a lot of time and dedication, but I am confident that I am ready to take on the role.”
After transferring to Ferris her sophomore year, Hager began her involvement with EU in Fall 2011. She served as a general member before leaving in Spring 2012 for the Disney College Program in Orlando, Fla. When she returned, she applied to be a program coordinator for the organization and was granted the position the following year. She now takes the reins as Hanson prepares graduate in May.
Hager says a big challenge EU faces next year is renovation of the Rankin Student Center, a common place for EU meetings and events.
“We hope that students can understand that we will be hosting events where we can,” Hanson said. “Space will be limited, but we are trying to make the best of the situation. We are planning events in advance and hope students will still come out and support these events.”
Hager also encourages students to join the organization, which provides opportunities to be involved in fun events and make connections with other students and faculty.
EU events are made possible through the Finance Division of Student Government.
The 2013-14 Entertainment Unlimited E-Board
- Haley Lombam, Programming Coordinator, Bay City, Music Industry Management
- Natalie Stigers, Publicity Coordinator, Copper Harbor, Advertising/Integrated Marketing Communications
- Kevin Robb, Vice President of Internal Affairs, St. Joseph, Chemistry
- Morgan Kelley, Publicity Coordinator, Fraser, Respiratory therapy/Allied Health
- Tyler Tichvon, Finance Coordinator, Portland, Actuarial Science
- Trevor Bacon, Co-Special Events Coordinator, Fremont, Music Industry Management
- Ronny Marcel Latimore, Vice President of Programming, Television and Digital media production
- Paul Wooten, Programming Coordinator, Fort Wayne, Business Administration
- Becky Hensley, Recruitment and Retention, South Bend,Ind., Pre-Radiography/Allied Health
- Jamie Nicole Klinger, Communication and Co-Sponsorship Coordinator, Leslie, Business Administration
- Evan Connor Pazkowski, Special Events Coordinator, Saline, Music Industry Management