Online Certificate Tracks
Technical Education & Outreach has developed a series of online learning activities
based on several technologies that, when used together, can improve workplace productivity.
By watching all the videos in the series, you will receive a custom certificate recognizing
your participation. Online certificate training is available for you to complete at
your convenience! If you don't see a track that interests you, contact the Technical
Education & Outreach office at 231-591-5615 or email@example.com and let us customize
a track for you!
To get started you must have a full-access account to Lynda.com. If you do not have
one, contact the TAC at 231-591-4822 and request an account free of charge. Starting in late January 2014, you should be able to log in to MyFSU and click on
the Lynda.com link in the Login Links box to access Lynda.com.
Let us know when you are finished with the videos so we can send you a certificate
Acrobat Pro XI
- Shows how to design a form from in Word, Illustrator, or InDesign.
- Learn how to add interactive fields like check boxes, buttons, drop down lists, and
digital signature fields; how to add calculations that can total or average your data;
- Learn how distribute your forms via email, on the web, or through Adobe's FormsCentral
- Learn the settings used to generate PDF files.
- Learn how to navigate a PDF, add key navigation features such as bookmarks and links,
and create PDF files in a variety of ways.
- Discover how to share your PDF files, create a PDF form using the new FormsCentral
application, and collaborate with other users.
Computer Privacy & Security
- How to effectively resolve most computer vulnerabilities, including five weekly to-dos
to protect your computer.
- Gives expert tips and techniques for getting the most out of the iPad.
- Discover how to access and synchronize your mail, calendars, contacts, documents,
apps, and music from any number of devices with iCloud.
- Harness the power of Evernote, a popular cloud note-taking and note-sharing tool,
Mac OS X Mavericks
- Get to know the top 11 features of Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks.
- Learn how to run Mac OS X Mavericks. Find out how to find files, set up your Apple
ID and iCloud accounts, and use iChat, Safari, iTunes, and more.
Microsoft Office 2013
- Introduces Microsoft Lync 2013, which lets you easily reach out within the Office
applications to connect and collaborate with colleagues on documents and projects.
- Introduces you to navigating your email messages, calendar, and contacts in Outlook
- Reviews the suite-wide enhancements to Office, like cloud integration, Touch Mode
for interacting with touch-enabled devices, and Ribbon customization, as well as individual
app improvements added to the new Office.
- Learn the basics of creating, editing, and formatting documents in Word 2013.
- Discover how to leverage templates and building blocks to create a stylish document
with instant purpose; collaborate with other writers and editors; create numbered
and bulleted lists; and work with tables.
- This course covers all the basics you need to start entering your data and building
- You will learn how to enter and organize data, perform calculations with simple functions,
work with multiple worksheets, format the appearance of your data, and build charts
- Learn tips and shortcuts for working more efficiently and to get the most out of Windows
- Provides advice on controlling Windows with the mouse and keyboard, customizing the
display, working with utilities, protecting your privacy on the Internet, improving
the performance of the operating system, and more.
- Learn all the essential features of Windows 8.
- Take a tour of the interface, review the new file and folder behaviors, and meet the
most useful apps, including Calendar, Photos, Maps, and Music.
- Learn how to adjust system settings like default programs and volume, work with external
devices, and set up networks.
- Learn how to keep your computer even more secure with Access Control and Windows Defender,
and how to troubleshoot potential issues, like reversing fatal crashes.