Ferris State University has made it possible for all faculty, staff, administration and students to reset their own passwords, instead of contacting TAC to do so. The password assistance service is currently available through the following address: https://passwordhelp.ferris.edu
In order for the website to allow you to change your password after it expires, you must visit the site prior to your password expiration time. Once at the website, you must follow the below steps to ensure that in the future you can reset your password on your own.
Note: Lotus Notes passwords cannot be reset using this process.
Setting Your Challenge Question
1. The password assistant website will prompt you to enter your current user name and password.
2. Login after entering your name and password. You will automatically be directed to the Answer Challenge Questions page.
3. Here, type in your Challenge Response, and click Submit
4. If you correctly saved your challenge response data, you will see the below screen. You may now be able to reset your password after it expires.
Resetting Your Password
1. The password assistance website will prompt you to enter your user name and password.
2. If you have forgotten your password, click on the Forgot Your Password? link at the bottom of the page.
3. A screen will then prompt you to enter your user name, and then click Submit.
4. A screen will then prompt you to enter your Challenge Response, and then click submit.
5. If you answer the Challenge Response correctly, you will be able to change your password. A screen will prompt you to enter your new password twice. Do so and then click Submit.
6. If your password follows the above guidelines, it will be successfully changed.
7. If this attempt is unsuccessful, please contact TAC at (231) 591-4822.
last modified 08/24/2009
|Chat With a Specialist|
|Online Support Form|