Turn on WPA2 in your Wireless Network Properties
If your device prompts you to enter an encryption protocol when you first try to connect to our wireless, select WPA2.
The FerrisWiFi Network requires that all mobile devices be registered before successfully connecting to the Internet. Here are the steps to get connected to FerrisWiFi.
1. Tap Settings
2. Verify that Airplane Mode is off and tap Wi-Fi. Then, tap the Wi-Fi zone named FerrisWiFi. Should Airplane Mode be ON, tap the slide bar so that it reads OFF.
3. When asked, use the case-sensitve password FerrisWiFi
4. Once the connection has been made, a check mark should appear to the left of the zone you are connected to. Press the Home button located at the bottom of your device to return to your home screen.
5. You are now connected to the FerrisWiFi Network, but if this is the first time you've used the network on your device, you will still need to register it before being able to connect to the Internet.
6. Start the registration process by tapping the browser icon to open a web browser. For this tutorial, we will be using Safari.
7. You will see an "Isolation Notice." This notice simply means that you haven't been given access to the network yet, and that you need to register your device.
8. Read and accept the "Proper Use Policy" agreement. Without agreeing to the "Proper Use Policy," you will not be able access the Ferris Network.
9. The "Welcome to the Ferris State University Network" screen will come up. Click Start>> located across from the Students/Employees option.
10. Type in your Ferris Computing ID (MyFSU ID) and password into the boxes of the "User Registration" section and click Login.
11. You will be taken to a success page with a progress bar. Please wait for the bar to finish before continuing.
12. Once the progress bar has completed, you should be successfully registered and able to browse the Internet using FerrisWiFi.
Last updated: 03-18-2013
|Chat With a Specialist|
|Online Support Form|