Microsoft Outlook setup on Android devices
First, make sure you are connected to a WiFi network, preferably a secure one.
- Open the Applications menu and select Email. This application may be named Mail on
some versions of Android.
- Type your email address (MyFSUid@ferris.edu) and your MyFSU password into the boxes
and then select Next.
- Select Exchange account. This option may be named Exchange ActiveSync on some versions
- Enter the following account information and select Next.
- Domain\Username - Type your MyFSUid@ferris.edu email address in this box. If Domain
and Username are separate boxes, leave the Domain box empty and type MyFSUid@ferris.edu
email address in the Username box.
- Note: On some versions of Android, you must user the domain\username format. For example,
if your email address is firstname.lastname@example.org, type ferris.edu\email@example.com. Your username
is your MyFSUid@ferris.edu email address. The password is still your MyFSU password.
If prompted for an Exchange Server, enter outlook.office365.com.
As soon as your phone verifies the server settings, the Account Options screen displays.
The options available depend on the version of Android on your device. The options
may include the following:
- Email checking frequency
- Amount to synchronize
- Notify me when mail arrives
- Sync contacts from this account
- Select Next and then type a name for this account and the name you want displayed
when you send email to others. Select Done to complete the email setup and start using
Lync 2013 Application Setup
- Open the Google Play application from your device.
- Locate the search box and search for "Lync 2013" and locate the Lync 2013 app in the
- Download and install the app on your device.
- After it has been installed, tap the Lync 2013 icon to launch the app.
- Enter your MyFSUid@ferris.edu address and MyFSU password to sign in.
- Once you have authenticated, you will be able to chat, video conference, and perform
other Lync functions.