Importing Contacts To Outlook From Lotus Notes
Question: Do I have to manually enter all of my contacts into Outlook after the migration,
or is there a better way to get them into Outlook?
Answer: If you only have a few personal contacts, it will probably be easier and quicker
to recreate them one-by-one. However, there is a fast, easy way to move many contacts
into Outlook 2013.
Please Note: When selecting your personal contacts to move into Outlook, please DO NOT select any Ferris State University contacts that have their email address listed
as "Name/FSU" as there will be an issue with these contacts showing properly in Outlook,
based on information that is moved from Lotus Notes into Outlook.
Contacts Export / Import
The following is a quick and easy way to export your contacts from Lotus Notes and
import them into Outlook.
Exporting Contacts from Lotus Notes
- Open Lotus Notes and go to your Address Book/Contacts
- Make sure you have selected "My Contacts"
- Click to choose which of your contacts you want to export. Note: Remember do NOT select
any Ferris State University contacts with an email address of "Name/FSU" as they are
now available in the Global Address Book within Outlook
- Click on "File" menu and then select "Export Contacts"
- Click "Only the contacts you selected in this view" and "Only Basic Fields"
- Select a location to save the file and give the file a name. You MUST include ".csv"
after the file name (ex: LotusContacts.csv)
- Select "Comma Separated Value (.csv)" as the "Save as type"
- Click "Export"
Importing Contacts into Outlook
- Open Outlook and click "File"
- Click "Open & Export"
- Click "Import/Export" from the list
- Select "Import from another program or file" and click "Next"
- Select "Comma Separated Values" and click "Next"
- Browse to the location where you saved your exported Lotus Notes contacts and select
the .csv file you created earlier and click "OK"
- Click one of the "Options" for how to handle duplicate contacts and click "Next"
- Select the destination folder of "Contacts" and click "Next"
- Click "Finish" to begin the import process of your contacts