This tutorial walks instructors through creating Tegrity lecture recordings along
with some of the features Tegrity provides.
Recording a Class
Note: if recording on a Mac, click here.
- Access your My Tegrity homepage by clicking on the Tegrity Classes link within your
Blackboard course. If you have deleted your Tegrity Classes link within your current
class, you can go into another class or click here.
- Select "Start a Recording", located in the top right-hand corner.
- A window titled "Tegrity Recorder" will appear. Select the course you would like
to save your recording to from the course drop down.
- Optional Steps:
- The default title for a recording is the date and time, this can easily be changed
by editing the Title field.
- You may choose to select a photo from your computer to appear on the recording (circled
below in blue), or, if you have webcam capabilities, you may check the box enabling
"Instructor Video" (circled below in orange). You will only see the Instructor Video
check box if your computer has webcam capabilities.
- The "Test Audio" button (circled below in green) allows you to test the strength of
the microphone you're using. Following the on-screen instructions that appear, the
green bar will fluctuate up and down as you speak into your microphone, indicating
- Click "Record a Class" (circled above in red) when you're ready to begin recording.
Upon clicking "OK", Tegrity begins recording all actions made on your computer. Not
only does Tegrity record all of your actions, but the program also allows you to draw
directly onto the screen, and to create onscreen whiteboards. This section will show
you how to use those controls effectively.
You'll know that Tegrity is recording because the Tegrity controls will appear in
the bottom right-hand corner of your toolbar. The Tegrity recording controls have
been reproduced below.
By selecting the left arrow, located to the far left of the control panel, the panel
expands illuminating additional controls that will allow you to:
- Expand your webcam(s) into full-view mode.
- Draw directly onto your computer screen using a series of tools.
- Clicking on this feature, boxed in yellow, enacts multiple tools that appear above
the icon. Enacting any of these features allows you to draw on the screen in front
of you. To exit this mode click the x circled in blue.
- Enable a full-screen view of a white board. This tool creates full screen whiteboards
on your screen. You can choose from graph paper, binder paper, a blank white board,
or previous documents.
Completing a Recording
When you select the stop button, you will be asked to select the action you wish to
take. You may either:
- Upload the video to Tegrity (which takes place in the background and does not interrupt
any other activities, however, this also means it may not be available immediately
to link within Blackboard)
- Preview, which allows you to watch and review the lecture you have recorded before
posting it on Tegrity.
- Delete the recording.
Once the upload has completed the recording is automatically available to the students
within the Tegrity Classes area of their Blackboard course.