Currently there is an issue with the new version of Blackboard that causes the course
avatars to not be displayed correctly, as well as not allow them to be updated without
special instructions. If you had previously uploaded an Avatar image, but no longer
see it, you will need to upload your image once again. Below are instructions on how
to change your avatar within FerrisConnect.
- Login to Blackboard.
- Click the arrow next to your name in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
- Click on the avatar icon, circled in red below.
- Click on Settings & Privacy
- Click on the Change Picture button, circled in red below.
- Click Upload New, circled in red below, or if you have already uploaded an avatar
you may see it listed.
- Select the image you would like to utilize from your computer and click Open
- If needed you may need to crop the picture. This is done by either shrinking/expanding
the window utilizing the small grey boxes located in the corners and midpoints or
by clicking within the crop box and dragging to a more pleasant location. When you
have finished cropping your image click Change Picture in the lower right of the popup.
- Finally click Submit in the upper or lower right side of the page.