- Launch Internet Explorer browser.
- Click on the Help tab at the top.
- Select About Internet Explorer which will bring up an information window.
If version of IE displays 64-bit Edition, then it is 64-bit IE, otherwise it is a
To determine whether you are running on a 64-bit version of Firefox, use either of these methods.
- Check the About Firefox panel
- Type in the browser address about:support
If you are running 64-bit Firefox, it may be indicated as 64-bit (e.g., Win64); otherwise it is a 32-bit version of Firefox.
A 64-bit browser (Safari or Firefox, for example) is required to run Java 7 on Mac OS X. 32-bit browsers such as Chrome do not support Java 7 on the Mac platform.