Tegrity Upgrade Summer 2012
McGraw-Hill / Tegrity will be applying some changes and releasing new features for
our Tegrity Lecture Capture Service on Sunday, August 12th between the hours of 2:00
a.m. and 6:00 a.m. ET. The down time is estimated to be approximately 20 minutes.
From the Tegrity Client Services representative:
Tegrity introduces two major service updates each year; and each reflects Tegrity’s
commitment to listening to the needs of our customers, as well as furthering our goal
of continued innovation aimed at improving student achievement. The Tegrity Summer
2012 Update adds the following new features and capabilities:
- New iTunes U Integration: Allows instructor to obtain link to desired podcast format (video, enhanced audio,
or audio) that only needs to be posted in iTunes U once as a course feed. Changes
made to support new iTunes U workflow.
- New Upload Recording Actions Menu Option: Instructors on Windows PCs can upload an existing recording via the new Upload Recording
option on the course actions menu on the web user interface.
- Alternate Format Generation on Mac: When either video podcast subscription or video podcast streaming to Mobile App
is enabled for a course, the video podcast is generated on the recording Mac (instead
of in cloud) in order to make the video podcast available to students more rapidly.
- Monitor/Screen Selection on Windows PC: When using the Tegrity recorder on Windows PC, the user can select which monitor/screen
to record when starting a recording if there is more than one monitor/screen available.
- Plug-in Free Recorder Installation/Deployment on Mac: Recorder installation on a Mac no longer uses a plug-in.
- Streamlined Test Proctoring Recording Upload on Windows PC: Test proctoring recordings, created on a Windows PC, are now uploaded in the background.
- Mobile App Awareness: User is prompted to use native Tegrity Mobile App on iOS and Android devices instead
of browser to access Tegrity. An added bonus is that Tegrity links in LMS mobile apps
can now launch the installed Tegrity Mobile App rather than the web page in the browser.
- Direct Class Link Support in iOS: Ability to play direct recording link in iOS by playing the video, enhanced audio
or audio-only podcast of the recording.
- AirPlay Support: Ability to play recordings on an Apple TV using the AirPlay feature from the Tegrity
Mobile App on iOS.
- Offline Viewing in Android Mobile App: Ability to play recordings when offline using Tegrity Mobile App on Android. Recordings
are downloaded when online and locked within the app, so they cannot be shared.
- Video Recording with Mobile App: Ability to create a new recording from the mobile device’s camera video using the
Tegrity Mobile App on the iOS and Android.
- Kindle Fire Support: Ability to view recordings and add bookmarks with Tegrity Mobile App on Kindle Fire.
If you have any questions on the changes, please contact the Technology Assistance
Center, 231-591-4822 (4TAC) or toll free 877-779-4822.