Volunteer Note-taker Responsibilities
By agreeing to be a paid volunteer note-taker for a fellow student, I am stipulating
to the following:
- I agree to attend each class session and/or workshop as required by the instructor. The student is dependent upon me for
his/her lecture notes.
- I agree to take notes and give the requesting student the original along with the
note-taking notebook, which he/she is responsible to carry from class to class. I
keep the copy (NCR paper). Taking notes on a laptop computer and e-mailing the student
or printing the notes is acceptable.
- I agree to fill out anecdotal reports for every class session for which I take notes.
These will include the following information:
- Course Name
- Class Time
- Instructor Name
- Student's Name
- Date of Class
- Student in attendance and on time
- Number of pages of notes
- Subject matter covered in class
- Questions or problems
- I agree to submit these accurate and complete anecdotal reports using the designated
format. I understand that any false or misleading information will be cause for termination.
- If I am unable to attend class, I agree to contact the student to give him/her as
much notice as possible to make other arrangements for notes.
- I understand that I am not required to take notes if the student is absent or late for class.
- I agree to communicate with the student often about the quality and legibility of
the notes. If there is a problem, which we cannot resolve, we will consult with Disability
- If I must withdraw from the class, I will inform the student and notify Disabilities Services immediately so that another volunteer note-taker can be found.
- I agree to attend a training session during the first two weeks of the semester.
- I will call Disabilities Services (ext. 3057) regarding any problems associated with
my note-taking responsibilities.