Ferris State University's Mission
Ferris State University prepares students for successful careers, responsible citizenship,
and lifelong learning. Through its many partnerships and its career-oriented, broad-based
education, Ferris serves our rapidly changing global economy and society.
Ferris State University's Core Values
- Collaboration: Ferris contributes to the advancement of society by building partnerships with students,
alumni, business and industry, government bodies, accrediting agencies, and the communities
the University serves.
- Diversity: By providing a campus which is supportive, safe, and welcoming, Ferris embraces a
diversity of ideas, beliefs, and cultures.
- Ethical Community: Ferris recognizes the inherent dignity of each member of the University community
and treats everyone with respect. Our actions are guided by fairness, honesty, and
- Excellence: Committed to innovation and creativity, Ferris strives to produce the highest quality
outcomes in all its endeavors.
- Learning: Ferris State University values education that is career-oriented, balances theory
and practice, develops critical thinking, emphasizes active learning, and fosters
responsibility and the desire for the lifelong pursuit of knowledge.
- Opportunity: Ferris, with a focus on developing career skills and knowledge, provides opportunities
for civic engagement, leadership development, advancement, and success.