To success fully complete the internship course WELD-393, you
must demonstrate the ability to work in a welding engineering
position out in industry. The following are requirements of the
course and all must successfully completed.
The student will:
- Be employed in a welding engineering capacity for 10 weeks
or 400 hours.
- As part of his/her internship, solve a welding engineering
type problem for his/her employer.
- Submit consecutive, weekly status reports to the
- Make a presentation of his/her special project to his/her
peers at Ferris.
The employer will:
- Provide meaningful work assignments in welding
- Evaluate the intern twice during his/her internship.
The Ferris Internship Coordinator will:
- Visit the intern at his/her work site.
- Review weekly status reports from interns.
- Act as liaison between intern and employers.
- Evaluate the intern on his/her internship.
- Review employer evaluations.
- Assign student grade upon semester completion.