Enrolled in College of Pharmacy, in good academic standing.
The mission of NCPA is:
- We are dedicated to the continuing growth and prosperity of independent community pharmacy in the United States.
- We are the national pharmacy association representing the professional and proprietary interests of independent community pharmacists and will vigorously promote and defend those interests.
- We are committed to high-quality pharmacist care and to restoring, maintaining, and promoting the health and well-being of the public we serve.
- We believe in the inherent virtues of the American free enterprise system and will do all we can to ensure the ability of independent community pharmacists to compete in a free and fair marketplace.
- We value the right to petition the appropriate legislative and regulatory bodies to serve the needs of those we represent.
- We will utilize our resources to achieve these ends in an ethical and socially responsible manner.
Members gain a greater understanding of the practice of community pharmacy, which makes up approximately 60% of the practices that graduates will go into. Activities that the student member may participate in include: the national pharmacy business plan competition; attend national NCPA meetings; and network with other pharmacist practitioners and like-minded students. The student chapter also brings in speakers that highlight opportunities in the practice of community pharmacies. Examples of community service opportunities for members might include Project Connect (health and welfare fair for the underprivileged in the community); fundraising for local free health clinics; and sponsor of the Salvation Army Angel Tree at Christmas time.
Third Thursday of the month in Pharmacy 303. Also sponsor study sessions for pharmacy students on second and fourth Tuesday of the month in FLITE 304.
$5.00/year for the local chapter; $35.00/year for the national chapter
Officers and Contact: