VISION AND EYE CARE LINKS
Below are links to other informational sites. The Michigan College of Optometry and
Ferris State University do not endorse any of the following sites:
- All About Vision -- Patient information on vision problems, eye surgery, contact lenses, eye examinations,
- American Academy of Optometry -- The AAO serves to maintain and enhance excellence in optometric practice by fostering
research and the dissemination of knowledge in both basic and applied vision science
and patient education on a wide variety of eye and vision topics.
- American Optometric Association -- The Mission of the AOA is to... "Advance the profession and serve optometrists
in meeting the eye care needs of the public."
- Antique Spectacles - This website is the result of the collaboration of International educators and
is for everyone s interest and enjoyment. It is the place where we celebrate vision
aids, especially spectacles. Certainly one of the most significant inventions of all
time, they are symbols of man's incredible ingenuity and craftsmanship. Embrace the
profound impact that spectacles alone have had on the human experience over the past
730 years. Use this link to learn more.
- Michigan Optometric Association -- The Mission of the MOA is to unite all licensed optometrists and be the representative
voice for the profession of optometry in Michigan. The association provides education,
information and other members services to assist optometrists in practicing successfully
in accordance with the highest standards of patient care; works to advance the quality
and accessibility of optometric services throughout the state and seeks to ensure
the recognition of optometrists as the primary providers of vision and related health.
- Net Wellness -- Health information and patient education on a wide variety of topics.
- Quit Day - Those who want to quit smoking often find it difficult. This site provides information
on the health benefits of doing so, particularly how it affects the eye health.