Pre-Student Teaching Forms and Requirements
Pre-Student teaching field experiences provide an opportunity to experience classroom
management, discipline, planning and delivery of content without responsibility of
the entire class. Several education courses require field experience hours (outside
regular class time). Be sure to see your advisor regarding the hours required and
the best time to register for the appropriate course.
There are many steps involved in obtaining placements that will provide you with the
best environment to become a professional educator.
Adobe Acrobat Reader Required
Guidelines for a Successful Field Experience:
- Contact the teacher/principal as soon as possible (within 1-3 days).
- When you meet with the teacher/principal, project interest, enthusiasm and commitment.
- Present yourself as a professional educator in dress and behavior.
- Explain in detail what your needs/responsibilities will be to complete this Field
Experience successfully (Refer to information sheet provided by your instructor).
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times during your Field Experience.
- Thank and show your appreciation to your mentor teacher throughout the experience.