Applying to DAGD is free. Of course, you will need a few things.
- Transcripts from High School. You will need at least a 2.5 GPA to apply as a freshman.
Have your high school transfer your grades over to our registrar. If you do not have
a 2.5, complete a year at a community college with at least a 2.5 and apply.
- Your ACT scores of 19 or above. The ACT is a national college admission and placement
examination. 55% of students that retake the ACT get a higher score.
- Your Portfolio
Once you have this information, you can work your way through the application process.
The DAGD program requires a portfolio. Students looking to enter the program are not
expected to be experts. The purpose of this portfolio is to demonstrate skills and
passion in the areas relevant to DAGD. It should be 10 to 20 samples of work from
the list of recommended content below. Your portfolio will become part of your student
Please note that the portfolio is mandatory. Your application will not be advanced
until it is received. Don't let this scare you. As said before, we don't expect you
to be experts.
Samples can be in a variety of formats and cover a wide range of skills and topics.
Please note that while we are technically savvy, its best to keep your files to standard
file formats (such as jpg, swf, avi, mov, etc.).
Portfolios may include, but not limited to:
- Traditional art samples such as drawing, painting, life-drawing
- Digital images and photography
- Videos (Uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo, submit URL)
- Storyboards and comic books
- Writing samples
- Programming samples and mods
- Audio samples and music
- Websites (submit URL)
- Evidence of activities such as Scouts, Robotics Institute, Odyssey of the Mind, etc.
It will be assumed that everything in your portfolio is original. Plagiarism and/or
copyright infringement will result in a candidate being removed from consideration.
Submitting Portfolio Files
After submitting your application you will receive an email with a custom URL for
the electronic submission of portfolio files.
- Please submit 10 individual files that are not larger than 5 MB each.
- For demo reel video submissions, please submit to YouTube or Vimeo and provide us
the links in an uploaded PDF document. If your demo reel has 10 samples of your work, you do not need to submit 10 individual
- The file size limit is 20MB per file and form submission (i.e. if more than one file
are submitted with the form, the total size cannot exceed 20MB). To submit additional
files simply follow the emailed link again to submit additional files.
Please call David Baker at (616) 643-5722.