Transfer Credits, Transcripts and Articulated Credit
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Can I get credit for coursework done in a high school health occupations class or
advanced placement test?
For more information about Articulated Advanced Placement.
- How can I find out which of my credits will transfer to Ferris?
a. For transfer students, a program may or may not accept grades earned based upon
program qualifications and progression requirements. Additionally, prerequisite requirements
must be considered when accepting transfer credits.
b. Please click here to visit our transfer website. For transfer students, a program may or may not accept
grades earned based upon program qualifications Additionally, prerequisite requirements
must be considered when accepting transfer credits
c. Click here to read the University's general education transfer policy. For information on transfer
credits by institution, click here. Select the college you have attended. Then select the course prefix to view which
courses in that subject area will transfer.
- After receiving a transcript evaluation, is there a way to appeal a decision that
doesn’t accept a class I’ve taken?
a. Contact the CHP transcript evaluator, Debby Buck to ask about the details of the evaluation of the course in question.
b. Contact the department offering the course with a copy of the course syllabus.
The department head will then be able to further diagnose the equivalency and verify
or revise the decision already made. Use the following link to search by department
office: Campus Directory
c. To see how equivalencies are determined, click here.
- How can I get an official copy of my Ferris transcript?
See Academic Transcripts.
- How can I take a summer class at my community college?
Become a guest student for a semester. It is advantageous to complete a guest application
as, in most cases, it eliminates the application fee at the guest institution and
eliminates the need for your FSU transcripts to be sent to that institution.
- Can I get credit for what I’ve learned outside of a classroom?
Yes, procedures for applying for prior learning credit can be found at the following
link. A processing fee is charged. See Prior Learning Assessment.
- What happens if I repeat a course I didn’t do well in the first time?
a. See 'Repeat a Course' in your Student Handbook here.
b. To review the University policy here.
c. Contact your Program Coordinator regarding program qualifications and progression.
- As a transfer student, can I qualify to use the early registration option?
a. If you have 20 credits or more; for early registration option; call department
secretary of the program of your choice. Link to Dept. listing for contacts.
b. If you have less than 20 credits; sign up for orientation.
- Additional Information for Transfer Students: