Schedule a CLEP Testing Appointment
Here is information you should know before you schedule an appointment to take a CLEP
test at Ferris:
- CLEP tests are available most weekdays at 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. Please note that reservations must be made at least 24 business hours in advance and will not be considered an appointment until a Testing Office representative contacts you.
Those contacts will be made via phone within 24 hours (EXLUDING weekends and holidays as we are closed). For instance, if you make your appointment after 5 p.m. or weekends, you will not
be able to sign up for tests the following day (or Monday) as that is not 24 hours
in advance. Please note that NO testing is available during Final Exam Week.
- Ninety minutes of testing time is allowed for most CLEP tests; College Composition
is two hours.
- The fee payment for each test is $105 (subject to change). Do Not Bring Cash
- If you are a Ferris student, the $80 (subject to change) CLEP fee must be paid at the time of testing in the form
of a check or money order (made payable to “CLEP”) or credit/debit card. CLEP accepts
MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and American Express. The remaining portion ($25) will
be billed to your Ferris student account.
- If you are not a Ferris student, you will pay the entire $105 (subject to change) fee at the time of testing. $80
(subject to change) is payable to CLEP. Twenty-five dollars ($25) is payable to Ferris
State University. These fees are collected separately. First stop on the first floor.
The CLEP fee of $80 (subject to change) is paid when you sign-in for the test, the
$25 Ferris fee is paid on the first floor of the Timme Center to a Student Service
Representative before you test. CLEP accepts these credit cards: MasterCard, Visa,
Discover and American Express. Ferris accepts cash and checks only.
- CLEP tests are administered in the Timme Center for Student Services, Room 313D. Bring
your payment and two photo ID's (e.g., your driver’s license, passport, or your Ferris Bulldog card) with you when
you report for testing.
- A scaled score of 50 or higher on each test is required to earn credit at Ferris State,
and credit is awarded only to students currently enrolled. To print out a copy of
Course Equivalents and Credits for CLEP Examinations in Adobe Acrobat format, click
- For most CLEP tests, you will receive your score report immediately upon completion
of the test. If you are taking a test with an essay, please ask the test administrator
when you can expect your results. The College Composition test can take anywhere from
2 to 4 weeks to receive your results.
After reading this information, continue here