Parking Policies and Procedures
- Motor vehicles shall be parked only in lot(s) assigned by the parking permit they
were issued by the Department of Public Safety. A complete set of parking rules and
regulations are printed on the back of the campus map.
- Students with a valid permit may park in faculty/staff lots and meter parking spaces
Monday through Friday between 5:00 PM and midnight and on Saturday, Sunday, and holidays
between 7:00 AM and midnight. Overnight parking in a faculty/staff parking lot or
meter parking space is prohibited.
- Students with a valid permit may park in residence hall lots Monday through Sunday
between 5:00 PM and midnight.
- There is no parking allowed in commuter parking lots between midnight and 6:00 AM.
- No person shall park a vehicle on any campus street or in any faculty/staff lot from
midnight to 6:00 AM.
- Parking on driveways, roadways, sidewalks, lawns and within yellow zones, posted or
not, is prohibited.
- Improperly parked vehicles will be towed away and the owner held responsible for all
tow charges and fines.
- Every vehicle shall be parked within marked parking spaces.
- Motorcycles and motor driven cycles shall be parked only in designated parking lots.
These vehicles may not be driven on sidewalks or parked at bike racks.
- Vehicles parked in university apartment lots must be registered for that lot.
- Students who drive their vehicle to FLITE and remain there after midnight must obtain
a parking pass from staff in FLITE and display that permit in their vehicle, which
must be parked in lot 27.
Snow Removal Regulations
At certain intervals during the winter, it is necessary to remove snow from designated
parking areas. When this is necessary, notices will be posted 24 hours in advance
designating which lots are scheduled for clearing. Cars shall be moved for snow removal
by the time so designated.
In other areas, when snow removal crews are at work, parking which obstructs operations
Vehicles with three or more outstanding parking citations may be immobilized with
a wheel lock or may be towed at the owner’s expense. All fines and fees must be paid
before the vehicle is released. Additionally, any student with three or more outstanding
parking citations may face disciplinary action up to and including suspension or dismissal
from the University.