Student Debt Update - President Eisler's Presentation to SPARC
|November 2014||STUDENT DEBT FORUMS|
Forum Presentation - (save file/open with Adobe to read "sticky note" comments)
|Comments by category|
|November 13, 2012||Report to Strategic Planning and Resource Council (SPARC) Final Draft 11/20/12
|September 4, 2012||Student Debt Task Force announced|
|June 2012||"Draft Ideas and Suggestions For Consideration and Refinement"|
|"Building an Affordable Future for our Students:
Addressing Student Debt and Time to Degree While Providing Academic Excellence"
|Feb. 15-16, 2012||Big Rapids|
|Feb. 29, 2012||Kendall|
|March 2012||IDEAS FOR ADDRESSING STUDENT DEBT|
LINKS AND NEWS ARTICLES
- Ferris Financial Aid Office: Financial Literacy
- U.S. News & World Report: "New Three Year Degree Programs Trim College Costs"
- The Chronicle of Higher Education: "60 Ways to Leave a Flagship, With a Degree, Sooner"
- LinkedIn "Headlines This Week": "Could Many Universities Follow Borders Bookstores Into Oblivion?"
- MLive: "With U.S. student loan debt topping $1 trillion, see how West Michigan stacks up"
- "30 Ways to Reduce College Costs" and "College Students and Financial Literacy"
- Kettering and UT Dallas, Univ. of Illinois
- "College Co-Op Programs Go Global"
Middle College Program: Grand Rapids Press "Kenowa Hills, Davenport enter degree deal; Middle College program to start in the fall" 3/16/12
The New York Times: "Cut the Confusion so Students Know Their Risks"
Consumer Financial Protection Bureau: "Know Before You Owe - Student Loans"