Carpentry & Painting
- Walt Smith, Carpenter & Painting Supervisor
- 2 Carpenter Locksmiths
- Responsible for keying of all buildings
- Complete core changes and enter new information into data bank on Best Computer System
- Maintain a computer program with a record of all employee keys and locations.
- Manage an inventory of door cores, lock parts, and other misc. door parts.
- 6 Carpenters
- Repair and installation of doors.
- Repair windows, blinds & shades.
- Repair flooring (i.e. carpet, tile).
- Repair walls (i.e. drywall, concrete).
- Repair ceilings and furniture as needed
- 5 Painters
- Painting of residence halls & campus apartments.
- Maintenance painting of academic buildings.
- Interior and exterior maintenance painting of all non-academic buildings.
- Spray painting of small assemblies from throughout campus that are delivered to the
Heavy Equipment Spray Booth.
- Cleaning and painting of operational pieces of equipment as the need arises.
- Design and apply University logos and artworks to newly painted walls.
- Ken Rodenhouse, Electrical Supervisor
- 5 Electricians
- High Voltage campus wide distribution system
- Power & Lighting system
- Street, Walk & Exterior Lighting
- Campus wide Clock system
- Fire Alarm systems
- 1 Elevator Mechanic
- Elevators & Barrier Free lifts
- Maintain On-site maintenance logs
- Emergency extractions from stalled elevators
- Aid in the development of plans & specifications for installation and renovation of
HVACR & Plumbing
- Kevin Myers, HVACR & Plumbing Supervisor
- 7 HVACR Mechanics
- Maintenance and the operation of all campus building environmental systems and controls.
- Repair and installation of environmental systems and refrigeration systems in the
- Chemical treatment of cooling tower evaporators.
- Low pressure steam systems maintenance.
- Record keeping of repairs and refrigerant uses.
- 6 Plumbers
- Plumbing maintenance and repair at residence halls and campus apartments including
plumbing fixtures, water heaters, waterside heating equipment and furnaces.
- Maintenance and repair of plumbing systems, plumbing fixtures, water heaters and kitchen
equipment in academic buildings and commercial kitchens.
- Maintenance and minor repair of campus high pressure steam / condensate systems.
- Repair, replacement and coordinating with the city on campus water service systems.
- Repair and/or replacement of residential appliances.
- Continuous development and upgrading of maintenance and repair programs.
We are here to help you in any way we can. You will be treated with the utmost respect.
Any questions may be directed to Ext. x2920.