It is the responsibility and intent of Ferris State University to protect the health and safety of students, faculty, staff and visitors while engaged in the educational and business activities of the University. To this end the University will provide the necessary services and controls to promote, create and maintain a safe and healthful campus environment and operations. The purpose of this policy statement is to establish the University's commitment to campus environmental health and safety.
Safety Quick Links
- Automatic External Defibrillators (AEDs) Guidelines
- Campus Safety Update 2008
- Emergency Action Guide
- FSU Emergency and Safety Procedures Guide - Flip Chart
- FSU Business Continuity Tool
- Lightning Prediction System
- Online Employee Safety Training
- Text Alert Sign-up Instructions
Severe Weather Policy
During any period of severe weather on campus, it may be necessary to refer to the Administration and Finance Inclement Weather Policy, viewable at the link below.
Free Safety Information
- National Safety Council (NSC) Member Resources – Contact Mike McKay to gain access
to member site content. FSU is a Member of the NSC.
Member Exclusive Content
- Michigan Occupational Safety and Health Administration – Publication and safety regulations
- Michigan Emergency Management 7 Homeland Security Division
- Michigan Department of Environmental Quality