New Card Program
- Also known as a “p-card,” a Purchasing Card is a credit card issued to University employees to use as a payment
tool, without affecting the cardholders’ line of credit.
- The statement for these cards are billed to and paid for by the University, so the use of this
card is limited to business related expenses and unlike Corporate Cards, this card
should be used for commodity purchases only.
- A p-card is an extremely useful payment tool for employees at the University to use. Transactions using p-cards are usually faster
and more efficient than the PO/Requisition process and are also less risky than using
Direct Pays. Although not all purchases can be made via p-card, for small dollar commodities,
using a p-card is much more efficient.
- This is a company-billed, company-paid credit card issued to University employees to use as a payment tool, without affecting the cardholders’
line of credit.
- The use of this card is limited to business related expenses only and should be used for travel, entertainment, and
other non-commodity purchases.
- The Corporate Card is also linked to a profile in a web-based software program called Concur, which allows users to easily request
and book travel and submit electronic expense reports. Without the Corporate Card,
an employee cannot reap all of the benefits that Concur has to offer.
Please use the following documents as a tool to navigate between the old and new card