DOWNLOAD & SAVE THE IRB APPLICATION TO YOUR COMPUTER BEFORE COMPLETING; work will not be saved in the pdf file if open on the webpage. You must save to your computer and then open.
Before filling out and submitting an application
- Determine if your project meets the federal definition of research
- Complete the appropriate CITI training module(s)
- Application For IRB Approval: Complete if you are conducting a research study involving human subjects; application is a fillable pdf and must be downloaded & saved to computer
Informed Consent Forms
- Informed Consent Instructions: Outlines the elements of consent
- Informed Consent Templates: Examples to assist in creating an informed consent form
- Interpreter/Transcriptionist Privacy Form: Used when involving outside individuals to ensure confidentiality of data collection
- Final Report Form: Complete & submit to the IRB once your project is finished
- Request for Extension: Complete & submit one month prior to a project's expiration date to request for extended time
- Request for Revisions: Complete & submit if your project has any major revisions that the IRB should be made aware of. (ie, PI changes, subject recruitment changes, recruitment location changes, etc). Minor revisions (ie, survey word changes)need not be submitted. Should you have questions regarding changes-please contact our office.
- Unanticipated Problems Form: Complete & submit within a week from the day an unanticipated event which may cause risk to subjects/others occurs. An unanticipated event is defined as "any problem or event that is determined by the principal investigator to be unanticipated, causing new or increased risk to the subjects and is possibly related to the research procedures".