Responsibilities in Grant Management
The Principle Investigator/Program Director
- Perform the grant within the guidelines of the proposal and follow the regulations related
to the grant.
- Submit written reports in accordance with the guidelines of the granting agency.
- Determine that bills submitted for payment fall within the guidelines of the budget.
- Follow Ferris State University policies and procedures in the completion of the grant (i.e.
purchasing, travel, conflict of interest, employment, etc.).
- Provide status updates to Dean's Office.
Responsibilities of the College Dean
- Receive status reports on the work of each grant.
- Review the grant proposal to ensure grant work is adequate.
- Assist in the financial duties as needed in lieu of assigned account clerk.
- Ensure University Policies are followed in the completion of the grant.
Responsibilities of the Grant Accounting Office
- Request funds from Granting Agency.
- Complete quarterly/annual financial reports.
- Review request for new accounts and establishment of grant budget on Financial Records System.
- Select sample grants for internal review of documentation, adequacy of records, and compliance
with agency guidelines.
- Maintain a calendar of important dates on grant administration and prompt departments for
action on grants.
Responsibilities of the Account Clerk Assigned to the Grant
- Determine that bills submitted for payment have appropriate documentation.
- Determine that expenditures fall within the established grant budget.
- Monitor and reconcile expenses against Financial Records System and the grant budget.
- Ensure policies are followed in the payment of goods and services.