Conversation Partner Program
The Conversation Partner Program at Ferris State University matches international
students, who are enrolled in the Intensive English Program (IEP), with FSU students
who are native speakers of English for group conversation and project-based activities.
The program is based on participation and leadership.
Applications for Fall 2012 accepted until
The first date of application review will begin
What's in it for me?
- Earn Study Abroad Scholarships of up to $400 or $800 per semester.
- Gain leadership experience - each FSU student will act as a team leader for a group
of 4 IEP students. As a group, you will complete projects which could include writing
blogs, articles, photos with captions, videos, designs, etc., which will then be compiled
into an online portfolio.
- Publish portfolio projects - select projects may be showcased on the Ferris State
University IEP website in our own electronic publication.
How can I get involved?
- Fill out an application on the Office of International Education website.
- You must have completed at least one semester of full-time college coursework.
- You must have and maintain a GPA of 2.7 or higher.
- You must possess leadership qualities and enthusiasm for learning about new cultures!
- Any majors are welcome!
For more information contact:
Academic Coordinator, Intensive English Program
Office of International Education | IRC 134 | 1301 S. State Street | Big Rapids, MI
(231) 591-2838 | LisavonReichbauer@ferris.edu