State of Affairs in Dental Hygiene: Michigan Update
Date: Friday, November 14, 2014 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Big Rapids, Michigan
If you are wondering what is really going on in the dental hygiene profession today,
then this course is for you. Come learn the most up-to-date information from our well-informed
speakers on current topics such as:
- State Oral Health Plan: How do we measure up?
- Michigan Oral Health Coalition: What are the latest activities?
- Michigan Department of Community Health: What are the current and proposed oral health programs or initiatives?
- Oral Health Opportunities: What other activities are going on or planned in Michigan to provide more dental
- PA 161: What is it? Is it really meeting the oral health needs of the under-served population?
- Medicaid: What does it imply for dental hygiene? How does it affect our dental hygiene practice?
- Outreach: There is more to dental hygiene than cleaning teeth. Find out other ways to become
involved in dental hygiene.
Successful completion earns 3 CEUs.
Christine Farrell, RDH, BSDH, MPA
Oral Health Program Director, MiDCH
MDHA - Past President
Nancy Gurzick, RDH, BSDH, MA
Dental Policy Specialist, MiDCH, Medical Services Administration