Conferences are complex, multi-faceted events that require both creative and organizational
skill. FSU Conference Services has successfully coordinated conferences for all types
of organizations, businesses, and industries. Our staff is skilled and experienced
in coordinating local, state, and national programs. While our broad and varied experience
provides peace of mind, we recognize that each conference is unique and must be customized
to meet the needs of the audience. Through our collaborative efforts, we will help
serve your group, reach new audiences, and exceed your goals.
Our menu of services is just that – an a la carte menu that allows you to choose only
the services and assistance that you need. There are no cookie-cutter solutions here.
So whether you just need help with registration or you're looking for a full-service
conference organizer, we are your best source. We offer:
- Consultation and planning services, including strategy development and implementation.
- Marketing and promotional assistance that can include design and printing of brochures
and materials, mailings, and other in-house advertising and publicity services.
- Budget and financial management, which includes expense and revenue tracking and reporting.
- Facilities coordination–perhaps the most complex part of any event–including assistance
with site selection, contract negotiation, audiovisual equipment arrangements, logistics
coordination, room block management, and food and beverage arrangements.
- Administrative and support assistance, which may include ordering supplies, procuring
conference gifts, developing and assembling conference materials, preparing speaker
contracts and payments, preparing travel expense payments, and coordinating speakers
- Ancillary services, including: registration of participants, assembling registration
materials, billing and payment coordination, and onsite registration services.
One of the unique benefits of our Conference & Professional Services is that we can
help you plan and coordinate your event no matter where the event takes place. However,
if you are holding your event in Big Rapids, Michigan, you have access to a variety
of facilities, including:
- Holiday Inn Hotel & Conference Center, complete with conference facilities, lodging, restaurant, and indoor pool—all just
a few feet away from Katke Golf Course.
- Katke Golf, one of the undiscovered gems of public golf in Michigan.
- Ferris Racquet and Fitness Club, which includes indoor/outdoor courts, a fitness center with Stairmasters, computerized
bikes and rowers, Nautilus, free weights and aerobics.)
- Ferris' Ewigleben Sports Complex, which includes varsity basketball courts, volleyball courts, convocation center,
and the ice arena.
- Ferris' Student Recreation Center, which includes basketball courts, running track, Olympic-size pool, climbing wall
and fitness center.
- Modern residence halls, all-you-can-eat campus cafeterias, and beautiful campus buildings,
providing excellent opportunities for visitors to enjoy an environment that promotes
successful learning and skill development.