Learning about innovation and current trends is an ongoing challenge. The publications
provided through the Alliance, in multiple formats, enable busy educational leaders
to stay abreast. Click on any link for a full-text, downloadable version.
A monthly informational compilation on an issue relevant to community colleges.
- Transformational Change (November 2015) Cindy Miles, PhD and Elisa Robyn, PhD
- Community College Leadership Development (October 2015) Shara Lee, Ed.D.
- Resiliency and Change (September 2015) Sanford C. Shugart, PhD
- The 'Shifting Box Paradox' for Public Policy (August 2015) Adriana Phelan, PhD
- How Our Value Proposition Directs Our Business Model (June 2015) Timothy J. Nelson
- Changed Labor Market Demands New Educational Model (May 2015) John C. Austin
- Quality and Accountability: Driving Community College Success Today (April 2015) Dr. Laura Meeks
- The Community College as Entrepreneurial Catalyst (March 2015) Dr. Dale Nesbary
- The Community College Academic Sea Change: Sink or Swim (February 2015) Lori Sundberg, DBA
- The Mission of the Community College: Relevant in 2015? (January 2015) Dr. Diane K. Troyer
- Succession Planning: A President's Perspective (November 2014) Dr. George Mihel, James Kelly, Dr. Don MacMaster, and Dr. Olin Joynton
- Leadership and its Intersection with Diversity(October 2014) Dr. Thomas Rios, Dr. Felipe Lopez Sustaita, Wanda Hudson, and Natalie
- The Dilemma of Developmental Education (September 2014) Dr. Deborah Daiek, Barb Bouthillier, Pam Lau, and Dr. Patrick Saxon
- Higher Education is Dead, Long Live Higher Education (July 2014) Drs. Aaron Brower, Kim Kostaka, and Gregory Lampe
- A Perspective on Strategic Planning: The Equal Partners of Process and Outcome (June 2014) Dr. Fritz J Erickson and Mindy Baumgartner
- College Readiness: The First Step to Completion (May 2014) Dr. Cynthia Wilson, Dr. Tanya McFadden, Erik Huntsinger, and Dr. Naomi
- Finding Wonderland: Resource Development in Recessionary Times (April 2014) Carol Churchill, Steve Nunez, Dr. Jan Karazim, and Paul Heaton
- Open Access and the Completion Agenda: Are They Compatible? (March 2014) Dr. Chris Baldwin, Dr. Kathryn Flewelling, Lesley Frederick, and Arleen
- Workforce Development in the "New Normal" (February 2014) Dr. James Jacobs, Dr. Fiona Hert, Alicia Booker, Andrew Meyer, and
Dr. Jeanne Bonner
- Who Will Lead Our Nation's Community Colleges? (January 2014) Dr. Jeanne Bonner, Jon Mandrell, Kris Walz, Dr. Conway Jeffress, and
Dr. Brent Cejda
Essays, reports, and other student- or faculty-authored pieces.
These student-written publications feature an array of topics that address proven
leadership attributes and strategies.
An annual, singularly-focused publication that highlights a key issue facing community