Part 3 Subpart 3-2 Programming Responsibilities
Sec. 3-201 Matters Reserved to the Board.
Except as otherwise provided in this Subpart, the Board, as the body corporate having
ultimate responsibility for the University, reserves to itself the responsibility
to review and take final action on the following:
- The inauguration of a new academic program leading to a degree ("degree program")
or a new long term (more than one year) program leading to a diploma or other academic
credit ("non-degree credit program").
- The elimination of an existing degree program or long term non-degree credit program.
- The establishment of a new approved permanent (non-temporary) site at which FSU degree
programs and/or long term non-degree credit programs may be offered ("Board-Approved
- The offering of any long-term program (credit or non-credit) outside the United States
- The elimination of the University's Big Rapids campus as a permanent site at which
an existing degree program and/or long term non-degree credit program is offered.
- The entering into of any agreement for the conduct of programming, or assistance in
the conduct of programming, or the rendering of educational services, outside the
United States and Canada, except with respect to (i) a general non-binding memorandum
of understanding or similar non-binding agreement, (ii) a student and/or faculty exchange
agreement, (iii) a short term (not more than one year) non-credit program, or (iv)
a short term non-degree credit program.
It has been a consistent practice to submit every academic program for Board review
and approval, including requirements for certificate, associate, baccalaureate or
post-baccalaureate degrees to be granted upon completion of the proposed program.
References on all such actions are on file in the Office of the Board.