PART 2 SUBPART 2-3 OFFICERS AND APPOINTEES OF THE BOARD
Sec. 2-304. Duties of the Chairperson.
The Chairperson shall perform the following duties:
- Preside at meetings of the Board.
- Facilitate the business of the Board.
- Arrange with the President for adequate resources to be available for Board information
- Provide reasonable opportunity for all parties or viewpoints to be heard on an issue,
so that the issue is adequately addressed.
- Appoint Trustees to committees of the Board consistent with this part, and appoint
Trustees as representatives to other organizations except where specifically otherwise
- Sign official documents as required.
- Represent the Board at University functions, or appoint Board representatives to University
functions, as required.
- Work with the President to establish the agenda for all Board meetings.
- Serve as the official spokesperson on all matters relating to Board action.
- Work with the President or his/her representative on legislative matters.
- Establish and maintain rapport with the governing boards of other institutions of
- Serve as an active participant at the state and national levels with regard to Board
activities and concerns.
- Contribute leadership and talents in fundraising activities for the University as
- Act as liaison between the Board and the President on concerns of either party.
- Provide leadership and seek to foster an esprit de corps among the Trustees, helping
them to function as a unit.
- Perform such other duties as may be prescribed by law or by the Board.
Subpart 2-2. Formal meetings of the Board.
Sec. 2-401. Executive Committee.
Sec. 2-405. Finance Committee.
Sec. 2-408. Academic Affairs/Student Affairs Committee.