Ferris State University is committed to general education assessment. Only by gaining
a fuller picture of the knowledge and skills of both entering and exiting students
can we really understand what students need, what they learn, what they don't learn,
and what we need to do to improve the general education learning opportunities at
Ferris. General education assessment is above and beyond the regular classroom assessment
performed by faculty in an attempt to adjust their teaching and curriculum to meet
the needs of the students. Instead, general education assessment is concerned with
the impact of the general education curriculum as a whole.
- ETS Standardized Assessment
- Proficiency Profile Information
- The ETS standardized assessment has evolved from AP to MAPP and currently is called Proficiency Profile.
- Ferris Academic Profile Reports
- College Student Experience Questionnaire (CSEQ) - 2000-01
- Other Assessment Methods by Outcome
- National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE)