- All faculty – full-time, part-time, tenure-track, and non-tenure track – are eligible
for Timme Travel Grant awards.
- The number of Timme Travel Grant awards that is made is dependent, in part, on the
amount of funding allocated from the Timme Endowment to the Timme Travel Grant Program.
- No more than 20% of the total available funding for the Timme Travel Grant Program
will be allocated for travel of non-tenure track faculty.
- Timme Travel Grant awards will be limited to no more than three faculty traveling
to the same training, conference, symposium, institute, workshop, etc. (henceforth
referred to as "conference").
- Applications sent to the Timme Travel Grant Review Committee for review must be original
and, if appropriate, include citations. Applications that do not meet one or both
of these criteria will not be reviewed by the Committee. This policy also applies,
for example, to applications submitted by faculty who are co-presenters or simply
attending the same conference.
- Timme Travel Grant funds cannot be used to underwrite travel costs associated with
Study Abroad programs, courses, or other related opportunities.
- Applications will be accepted during a four-week period twice during the academic
year, once beginning in April and again in August (specific dates will vary from year-to-year).
Applications submitted during the period beginning in April will be for conference
travel during the months June through November. Applications submitted during the
period beginning in late August will be for conference travel during the months December
- Only completed applications with necessary approvals received on or before the closing
date will be reviewed by the Timme Travel Grant Review Committee; the review is not
a blind review.
- A faculty member can receive only one Timme Travel Grant award per academic year (where
"academic year" refers here and elsewhere in this document to the period of Fall through
- Each year, the pool of applicants may include three subgroups of faculty:
- Subgroup 1: Faculty whose application was reviewed but not funded in the previous
- Subgroup 2: Faculty who did not submit an application in the previous academic year
- Subgroup 3: Faculty who received a Timme Travel Grant award in the previous academic
- During the review process, the applications from faculty in Subgroup 1 will be reviewed
and decisions about which applications to fund will be made first. Subsequently, applications
from faculty in Subgroup 2 will be reviewed and decisions about which applications
to fund will be made. Finally, applications from faculty in Subgroup 3 will be reviewed
and decisions regarding which to fund will be made.
- Please submit for review only a completed application and, if appropriate, documentation
as requested in the application form. Additional documentation such as letters of
support will not be considered by the Timme Travel Grant Review Committee.